[LRUG] [JOBS] Online social learning platform looking for Ruby developers, £50-70k

Nicky nicky.thompson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 02:05:12 PDT 2019

Morning LRUG,

We're hiring for experienced Ruby engineers at https://www.futurelearn.com/.
We're transforming access to education by building one of the world’s
largest social learning platforms. We currently have ~30 people in the
Technology team, which we're growing (in as controlled and sustainable a
way as possible) as a result of recent investment. Our team solves
interesting and difficult problems for our ten million learners and nearly
200 university, education and industry partners.

It's a great place to work: as you might expect from an organisation based
around learning, we get excited by making sure our team has the time and
opportunity to improve their skills on and off the job. We all enjoy
learning, teaching & sharing our experience with our colleagues in various
ways; we encourage code review, pairing, mentoring, giving (and watching!)
regular lightning talks, show & tells, as well as the usual training budget.

The Software Engineer job ad is here: https://workable.com/j/1DF7F89E68.

We're also hiring for a Data Engineer - our data warehouse uses SQL, Python
and of course Ruby! The job ad for that is here:
https://workable.com/j/747970C972.

Both roles are permanent & onsite in our office in Camden, and I'm happy to
answer any questions via email off-list if you want to chat more.

Cheers,
Nicky Thompson
Technical Manager, FutureLearn
(No agencies please)