[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby roles at Bloom & Wild

Steve Janaway steve at bloomandwild.com
Thu Aug 22 00:33:40 PDT 2019

Hello,

I’m Steve, VP Engineering at Bloom & Wild. We’re using technology to
reimagine the experience of buying and receiving flowers and were recently
named as the second-fastest growing tech company in the UK by Deloitte. One
of the Tech Nation “Future Fifty” alumni, we're now the fastest growing
online flower company in Europe and we’re hiring permanent Ruby Developers
for our Operations team based in our office in Vauxhall.

Our platform uses Ruby and Rails, backed by PostgreSQL, Sidekiq, Docker and
AWS (Fargate), with APIs that are used by our Angular website and our apps.
In the Operations squad we are a small, close-knit team of developers, a
product manager, tester and scrum master, and work closely with our core
Operations team. Recently we have been working on launching a same day
delivery service in Paris. integrating new delivery partners and
introducing printing technology on the production lines in our warehouses.
One of the next big projects which the team will be working on is a
greenfield project to begin splitting out our platform into separate
services, starting with delivery label and gift card printing.

We’re looking for someone who has detailed knowledge of Ruby on Rails in a
production environment, with some experience of test-driven development. If
that experience has come in a fast-growing (preferably consumer-facing)
startup then that would be ideal. You’ll be keen to learn and stay
up-to-date with the latest technologies, favour working and usable MVPs,
and using real customer feedback to continuously iterate and improve our
technology.

Our lovely new office is light and spacious, conveniently located close to
Vauxhall station. We have an informal, startup environment, with
employee-friendly policies such as 26 days holiday, paternity leave,
company discount, personal development allowance and more.

This video gives you a real insight into what it’s like to work at Bloom &
Wild https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhLIQv_sdHw and our tech blog is well
worth a read: https://medium.com/code-wild

Please contact me if you’d like to find out more or apply directly from
https://www.workable.com/j/4DE828730C.

thanks

Steve
--
Steve Janaway | VP Engineering | Bloom & Wild
<https://bnc.lt/7Zdc/wexmMAZG2y>

--

<https://www.bloomandwild.com/send-flowers?utm_source=email&utm_medium=signature>