[LRUG] Ruby DevOps / SRE role

Matthew O'Riordan matthew.oriordan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:48:57 PST 2019

Hi LRUG'ers

I'm looking for someone special to join the team at Ably Realtime
<https://www.ably.io> in a SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) / DevOps role,
starting as soon as possible.

*What is Ably?*
Ably is a serverless realtime infrastructure provider. Our high-performance
global data stream network enables our customers to stream data anywhere,
between any device, with mission-critical reliability so they can build
next generation services and deploy, manage, and distribute streaming
APIs.  We've gained the trust of some the largest businesses in the world,
such as HubSpot, OfferUp, Tennis Australia, Toyota and CA Technologies.  We
also work with a diverse range of tech startups globally powering features
such as an air traffic control system for drones.

*The role*
You'll be working mostly with Ruby to orchestrate and automate our
infrastructure, which is distributed globally across 20+ datacenters and
operating at pretty huge scale now.  Whilst Ruby is the focus for this
role, you'll be working with other languages such as Go, Elixir, Node.js,
and be getting your hands dirty in all sorts of infrastructure and
networking related challenges.

*Benefits*

   - Salary range: £50k to £85k.
   - Employee options: Yes, negotiable.
   - Holidays: 25+ days excluding national holidays.
   - This role can be remote or on-site in our London office. However, if
   you are working remotely, you will need to be in the UK and be commutable
   to visit our office in London as necessary. You will benefit from a
   flexible working environment in which working from home and managing your
   own working hours sensibly is the norm.
   - Work in an environment where code quality, technical challenges and
   delivery are what we all care about.
   - Skills development is intrinsic in the job. We're largely working on
   unsolved problems each day, as such, there is plenty of scope to widen your
   knowledge and skillset.
   - Work with genuinely nice and smart people who care about code quality
   and enjoying their jobs.

Find our more at https://jobs.ably.io/o/site-reliability-engineer.

Drop me a line if this sounds at all interesting to you, I'd love to chat.

--
Matthew O'Riordan <https://linkedin.com/in/lemon>
Ably CEO & tech co-founder <https://www.ably.io/about/team>

New: Consume or publish open streaming data for free with Ably
<https://blog.ably.io/announcing-ablys-open-data-streaming-program-817da3c1c4d1>