[LRUG] Continuous * (Happy New Year!)

Samuel Joseph tansaku at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 03:20:45 PST 2019

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for coming back to me on this.  You say it's called "Continous
Deployment", but I'm pretty sure that is not what I want, i.e. that we
have Continuous Deployment already, and what I want is more than the CD
that most providers offer.

I've used Heroku Pipelines extensively and they are pretty cool, but
what they don't do (I think) is offer the ability to automate the
movement along the pipeline - that is still a manual step. I've been in
contact with Heroku support (as I have with Travis and Semaphore) and
automated movement along pipelines does not seem to be supported.

But of course maybe I'm completely confused or mistaken, however the
fact that so many people come back to me and say, "oh yeah, you want
continuous deployment" makes me think that there is some more
fundamental misunderstanding here.  It might well be me doing the
misunderstanding, or me just not finding the right swtich in
Heroku/Travis/Semaphore, but I remain confused ...

All the same, really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Best, Sam