[LRUG] [JOBS] Full-stack developer at educational non-profit (ImpactEd)

Tim Diggins tim at red56.uk
Fri Jun 7 04:23:12 PDT 2019

Hi LRUG

I’m writing on behalf of ImpactEd, an education social enterprise which helps
schools make the biggest difference possible to young people’s life chances
(mainly through a platform which helps schools measure the impact of the
interventions they are making for students lives -- whether intended to
improve wellbeing, behaviour, or achievement). We've been building our
product for a year with a tiny tech team (it's me), and we've been live
since last September. We're now looking to recruit our first full-time tech
employee.

Further details:

   -

   Most likely a mid-level role with two years or more experience writing
   web apps (you could be stronger in front-end or back-end, but you'd want to
   get better at both).
   -

   Salary: £50k-£60k dependent on experience and expertise you can bring to
   the table
   -

   Remote friendly. There would be semi-regular meetings in our London
   office (more frequent at the beginning) but we take a flexible approach.
   -

   You’d need to be happy working independently and with high levels of
   autonomy
   -

   Tech: Ruby, Rails 5 -> 6, Stimulus JS, Heroku, Amazon with critical
   Typeform and Googlesheet integrations. We're committed to TDD (rspec) and
   agile-like process.
   -

   Full Job Description:
   https://impacted.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ImpactEd-Full-Stack-Developer-2019.pdf

If you're interested in the role, check out the job description and you can
get  in touch with founder Owen Carter on owen.carter at impacted.org.uk, who
is happy to speak to anyone that wants to find out more or thinks they
might be able to contribute in some way.

Owen and I will be at LRUG next Monday (10th June) to say this again in
person, and we'll hang around afterwards at the Singer Tavern.

No agencies at this point please.

all best

Tim