[LRUG] [JOBS] 3 month remote contract role

Ketan Patel kp at survivalinternational.org
Mon May 20 07:40:06 PDT 2019

Hi LRUG,

We are Survival International, a global movement for tribal peoples rights.

Our website is a Rails 3.2 monolith with an ageing donation system which we
would like to replace with a standalone application.

We started creating this system in 2017 as a separate Sinatra app to handle
the frontend with the core of the donation logic in a gem.

https://github.com/survival/donation-system-webapp

https://github.com/survival/donation-system

We stopped working on this as we were in discussions with various 3rd party
payment platforms to handle all of our donation processing. Earlier this
year it was decided to not use a 3rd party platform and finish the donation
system.

Due to competing priorities and limited resources, we’ve decided to
outsource this project to an experienced contractor.

The contract will be for 3 months initially.

The role is remote and open to developers in other countries as long as you
can work during UK office hours.

Key skills:

   -

   A proven track record of work in projects of similar scale and importance
   -

   Strong in Ruby and JavaScript
   -

   Proficient in Sinatra
   -

   Test first approach
   -

   Clean OO design

Competency in the following areas is not required but highly beneficial:

   -

   Message queuing systems with idempotency
   -

   Payment platform integration (PayPal, Stripe, SEPA, Direct Debit)
   -

   Salesforce integration

Apply here if this is something that interests you:
http://bit.ly/ruby-contractor

Please include references from previous projects and links to source code
repos ideally related to the sort of work you will be doing on this project.

Thanks,

Ketan