[LRUG] Ruby/Rails book recommendations

Riccardo Tacconi rtacconi at gmail.com
Mon May 13 04:24:52 PDT 2019

When I program in Ruby or Python I try to avoid OOP and use a more
functional style. The book of Sandi Metz is probably the best book to do
OOP with Ruby. However, I found http://www.clean-ruby.com/ book quite good,
it explores DCI and other techniques. Two books that use Ruby as
programming language but are more on computing are:

1. Kestrels, Quirky Birds, and Hopeless Egocentricity.
2. Understanding Computation.

A general book on Ruby is Programming Ruby by Dave Thomas (pragmatic
programmers).

On Mon, 13 May 2019 at 12:14, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:

> On 13/05/2019 09:24, Edmond Lepedus wrote:
> [snip]
> > Could you please recommend some good Ruby/Rails books?
>
> I've had good results with all the books which I've had from The
> Pragmatic Bookshelf.
>
> https://pragprog.com/
>
> Cheers,
> John
>
> --
> Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
> All your school's schedule information in one place.
> Timetable, activities, homework, public events - the lot
> Live demo at https://schedulerdemo.xronos.uk/

Riccardo Tacconi