[LRUG] [ANN] October meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Fri Sep 27 14:40:28 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Our October meeting is on Monday 7th October (that’s a week earlier than
usual).  As ever we’re hosted by Skills Matter in Code Node which is on
Souh Place, between Moorgate and Liverpool St. stations.  Doors open at 6,
the meeting starts at 6:30, we aim to finish around 8pm, and then we move
to the Skills Matter bar or The Singer Tavern to finish up the evening.

Thanks to the volunteers who responded to our email last week we’ve now got
a full agenda of three great talks for you to enjoy:

* “Concurrency in Crystal” by Lorenzo Barasti
* “How to stop worrying, love the SPA and appreciate Rails” by Michael Nacos
* “Using software engineering practices to improve engineering management”
by Nicky Thompson

You can read more about all these talks, and the meeting in general, at
http://lrug.org/meetings/2019/october/

If this is enough for you to know you want to attend though, the important
“get your ticket” details are:

1. Read about our code-of-conducat at http://readme.lrug.org#code-of-conduct
2. Register with our hosts at
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/12897-concurrency-in-crystal-and-single-page-applications
to get your registration code
3. Remeber to come along on the 7th

See you all there!

Cheers,

Murray & the rest of the LRUG organising team

ps - we almost certainly still need some volunteers for November (4th),
December (9th) and beyond.  So even though Oct is now full and looking
great, please do still get in touch if you’re interested in speaking to the
group!