[LRUG] Low Overhead Polling For Ruby, by Chris Seaton this Thursday

Tekin Süleyman tekin at tekin.co.uk
Tue Apr 14 11:48:39 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

I’m an occasional LRUG attendee and one of the organisers of North West Ruby User Group up in Manchester. This month we’re following your lead and running our event remotely via Zoom and would like to extend the invite to you, our fellow Rubyists down south.

This Thursday we have a talk from Chris Seaton who’ll be giving us a deep dive into the inner workings of Ruby implementations, looking at how a particular optimisation technique that could be used to speed up future versions of Ruby. Warning: there may C code…

What: Low Overhead Polling For Ruby, by Chris Seaton
When: Thursday 16th April, 6:30pm
How: Registration is required via Meetup

Those that register will be sent details of how to join the Zoom call on the day, but in the meantime download and install the Zoom client so you’re ready to go. There is a web client if you don’t want to install anything on your computer, but it’s not as fully featured and you’ll need to be signed in with a Zoom account to use it.

All attendees should familiarise themselves with our code of conduct.

Full details for the talk and the event are over on our website: https://nwrug.org/events/april-2020-social-distancing-edition.

Cheers,

Tekin