[LRUG] External pen test recommendations

Gavin Heavyside gavin at heavyside.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 11:58:42 PDT 2020

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 15:39, Frederick Cheung <frederick.cheung at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations on providers of pen tests? The apps
> we’re testing are rails apps so I guess someone with some familiarity with
> common pitfalls/misconfigurations of rails applications would be useful

I use and highly recommend Jumpsec (https://jumpsec.com) - they have tested
our Rails apps on AWS, as well as our Android and iOS apps, including
source code inspection. I've also had them run social engineering
experiments, and managed phishing attacks, to test the wider security
posture of the business.

Gavin