[LRUG] Does Rails have an image problem?

Dan Singerman dansingerman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:54:03 PDT 2020

I mainly work with startups, and entrepreneurs who don't care about the
technology stack, but if they do, the best justification I can offer is
that 8 out of the top 10 most valuable Y Combinator companies are built on
rails (
https://spreecommerce.org/ruby-on-rails-most-popular-among-top-y-combinator-companies/)
- that usually tips the balance. (And that doesn't surprise me at all, I
don't think it's mere coincidence.)

If you're trying to make the argument to devs, I guess that won't wash in
quite the same way, unless they are quite commercially minded too, but it
is worth asking them to think through from a technology perspective why
such a large majority of the successful companies are built on rails.