[LRUG] [JOBS] Help create a zero waste supermarket (Backend Engineer at Good Club, Elixir, Remote = ok)

Ben Patten ben at goodclub.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 00:00:00 PDT 2020

Hi LRUG,

We're looking for someone who wants to make a positive impact and skilled
and determined enough to make things happen at Good Club
<http://www.goodclub.co.uk>.

We're aiming to make truly sustainable groceries accessible to all. We
already sell a big range of sustainable staples, to cover every
household's needs.

Details of the job are here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nYQtmoFazRdrQu05isBNc3V8DpdTfBBx7HX4Nf3p2c4/edit>
.

A little more background: On the back of a £1m raise in the summer (see here
<https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/good-club/pitches/bPBoRl>), we've just
started shipping our first zero-waste products. (Our delivery boxes and
product containers are recovered from customers for reuse).

I'm one of the founders at Good Club <http://www.goodclub.co.uk> and
previously at Farmdrop <http://www.farmdrop.com>. And we're very lucky to
have a brilliant CTO, Richard <https://www.linkedin.com/in/moomerman/>, and
senior developer, Eugene
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugene-bolshakov-66a7513/>. Both have lots of
experience in Elixir and startups. We've all found many great people via
LRUG in the past and we have the foundations of a great tech team and
working culture.

Most of us are based in London but we’re all now working remotely and plan
to carry on (mainly), so we’re open to candidates from anywhere.

We’re predominantly writing Elixir and using the Phoenix web framework.
Frontend is rendered on the server and we use TailwindCSS, Turbolinks and a
sprinkling of Stimulus.

If this sounds like the sort of challenge you'd like to tackle then please
get in touch, we'd love to hear from you, I'm on ben at goodclub.co.uk.

Thanks for your time!

Ben

--
Ben Patten
Co-Founder & CEO

Try Good Club now <https://goodclub.co.uk/j/benpijhux>: Get sustainable
staples for your household. (And we'll send a parcel to a local food bank
when you join!)