[LRUG] Managed Hosting (UK Based)

Riccardo Tacconi rtacconi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:37:29 PDT 2020

I really agree with Mike. Heroku is in Dublin and Frankfurt, not in the UK.
Rackspace provides managed servers but I think you might end up paying a
lot. Bytemark is UK based too. I've provided managed hosting for Rails apps
until a couple of months ago, but I did not get enough customers to
continue.

I've just checked, Engine Yard is only in Ireland and Frankfurt:
https://support.cloud.engineyard.com/hc/en-us/articles/205407718-Use-Multi-Region-on-Engine-Yard-Cloud
.

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 11:48, Mike Rogers <mike.rogem002 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Heroku is who I'd recommend, though they're nearest region is Frankfurt I
> believe.
>
> For UK based, I believe the popular choice is to use AWS & use their
> EKS/ECS services to host Rails apps.

Riccardo Tacconi