[LRUG] [JOBS] - Senior Ruby on Rails Developer roles (contract & perm - remote ok) with london-based digital agency

Mark Howard mark.howard at idean.com
Fri Apr 30 07:50:19 PDT 2021

Hi LRUG,

I'm Mark, a Technical Director at Idean, a global digital design studio
that is now part of Capgemini Invent. We are looking for experienced Ruby
on Rails developers (both contract - minimum 3 months and permanent roles)
to join our London-based team and work on one of our flagship programmes -
a challenger in the mobile network space.

In this role you will work as part of an Agile, cross-functional team,
developing the core backend integration API that supports both Web
(React.js) Apps and Mobile (React Native) Applications.

We have been working remotely for the past 12 months + and that continues
to be acceptable.

Specifically, we are looking for folks who would be comfortable working
with the following...

   - Ruby on Rails including REST API development, Rake, Bundler and Gem
   - Test automation (RSpec, Cucumber, Capybara and VCR)
   - SQL data storage solutions (we currently use MS SQL)
   - Working knowledge of Docker containers (Kubernetes would also be an
   advantage)
   - Knowledge of OWASP secure coding practices
   - Experience working with CI/CD tools (CircleCI and/or Github Actions
   would be ideal)
   - Experience in Frontend development, specifically ReactJS would be
   beneficial but definitely not essential
   - Our platform is hosted on Azure Cloud so any experience with this
   would be an advantage but isn't absolutely necessary

Please drop me a line with your details if you are interested in hearing
more and to discuss rate/salary expectations.

Enjoy the long weekend!
Mark

--
Mark Howard (He/Him)
Technical Director, UK

*idean UK*
First floor, Victoria House, 1 Leonard Circus
EC2A 4DQ
London
UK

www.idean.com

Ready for a fresh start? Build a Beta Business
<https://www.idean.com/micro/beta-businesses>
---