[LRUG] [JOBS] Software Engineer at Breakroom (mid-level, £48-58k)

Tom Taylor tom at tomtaylor.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 07:12:40 PDT 2021

Hi folks,

We’re hiring for two permanent, mid-level software engineers at Breakroom. https://www.breakroom.cc <https://www.breakroom.cc/>

We’re a seed-stage startup, with a mission to turn every job into a good job. We're building a community powered rating for every job, and we're publishing it all online. Our information helps people make better decisions about where to work, and forces employers to up their game.

_lots and lots_ of people find our information on the web every day, 150k people have contributed to our employer info, and we've got ratings for 1200 employers in the UK. But we're still young and whoever we hire will play an important role in shaping the product, tech and culture as we grow.

Plot twist! The bulk of our tech stack is Elixir/Phoenix on Postgres/Redis/Elasticsearch. But no prior Elixir experience is necessary - we’ll help you learn on the job. If you’re coming from Ruby/Rails I think you’ll find the learning curve is fairly gentle and Elixir to be an enjoyable and productive language.

This role would suit someone with 2+ years professional web development experience looking learn lots and work on something meaningful.

We’re based in London, currently all working remotely, but looking to make an office available for those who want it in September. Eventually we expect we’ll have some days where everyone aims to be in, but otherwise expect to continue working partly remote with lots of flexibility around core hours. As such, you’ll need to be able to commute to zone 1 at least once or twice per week.

We’re offering £48k-58k + equity and other benefits. The full job posting is here with more detail: https://apply.workable.com/breakroom/j/E750F5F1C7/ <https://apply.workable.com/breakroom/j/E750F5F1C7/>

If you’ve got any questions, please feel free to contact me directly and I’ll do my best to answer them!

Thanks a lot,

Tom