[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior Ruby Engineer at Chattermill - London/ Berlin/ 100% Remote

Andrew Ivanov andrew.ivanov at chattermill.com
Wed Jan 6 02:37:24 PST 2021

Hi LRUG,

Happy New Year!

I work as head of engineering at Chattermill's Berlin office and we're
looking to hire Senior Ruby Engineers to work fully remote or in our London
or Berlin offices.

We were recently recognised by Deloitte as one of UK's fastest growing tech
startups and have grown to 55 people in the last 5 years. We’re working on
cutting edge AI technology, supported by a small team of machine learning
experts and a collaborative product team that enables our clients to make
data driven decisions by analysing 150k+ customer feedback per day to
improve their product.

As a Senior Ruby Engineer at Chattermill, you’ll be working on greenfield
products as well as interesting performance optimisation problems. You will
be involved in all steps of the project including design, architecture,
implementation, automated tests development and monitoring the health of
the systems in production.

This opportunity would suit:

   -

   Someone who values autonomy and would relish working on new challenges
   -

   Has a growth mindset and wants to work with likeminded people
   -

   Wants to work on complex scaling problems
   -

   Wants to work in a high impact role within a startup but at the same
   time has a good work/ life balance

What we’re after:

   -

   Someone with good knowledge of software design and architecture
   -

   Proficient with PostgreSQL and has experience with large datasets (we
   have over 0.5TB on Elasticsearch)
   -

   Experience with message buses such as Kafka
   -

   Someone who values working within a close knit team and is willing to
   help and support others

If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, you can apply here
<https://grnh.se/d9ad11b73us>. Alternatively, if you have any questions, do
not hesitate to ping me via andrew.ivanov at chattermill.io.

--

*Andrew Ivanov* / Head of Engineering