[LRUG] Objects that are neither classes nor records but something in between

Andrew Donovan andrew_donovan at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 09:00:33 PDT 2021

Hi Tim,
Your db or permanent storage is your source of truth , if you’re using Rails then use all the facilities it offers such as ActiveRecord. If Product is somehow defining prices and other behaviour for your digital items then it needs to be modelled in the db. If you don’t have a db schema I’d draw out a simply entity relationship diagram which should help in identifying where things are missing or don’t tie up. From the gist of the details below it sounds like you have access to a database. I’d be wary of using code for defining product strategy, amongst other things how do you record product changes over time ?
Regards
Andrew

Regards
Andrew