[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby - Principal Software Engineer - Remote

Jordan Norris jordan at grittt.com
Wed Oct 20 04:29:04 PDT 2021

Hi LRUG, just one of many fantastic Ruby opportunities I'm working on at
the moment...

*Principal Software Engineer (Ruby) | Fin-Tech Start-Up | London or Remote
(EU) | £90,000 to £100,000*

Buying your first home is harder than ever! Our client is a Fin-tech
startup with an innovative alternative to saving for a deposit. Backed by
the UK's leading ethical investors & trusted financial institutions they
are solving real-life problems and changing lives.

We are looking for a self-starting, upbeat technical expert with advanced
Ruby/Rails development skills. This role is going to suit a Senior
Developer who loves to write code, take full ownership of a product or
feature from concept to launch.

You'll be an excellent teammate, but not afraid to question and take
initiative. Coupled with excellent interpersonal skills, you'll have a
solid knowledge of trends in the Ruby programming world.

You will get to continue to develop your technical expertise, and you’ll
also get to showcase that expertise by:

   - Writing well organised, testable and high performing code
   - Address system and software bugs, develop product enhancements and
   launch new features to scale within a Product Team
   - Write clear and concise documentation; share knowledge internally and
   across teams
   - Help identify technical risk and mitigation plans
   - Collaborate with Product Management and Design teams.

What You'll Bring

   - At least 6+ years of experience shipping high-quality products and
   features.
   - Expert knowledge with Ruby on Rails and other common libraries such as
   RSpec and Sidekiq
   - Experience with React, HAML, Redis, Postgres, AWS, Docker or some
   combination of similar tech
   - Ability to solve complex problems requiring in-depth analysis
   - Confidence making architectural design decisions that improve
   scalability & performance
   - Deep knowledge of operating Postgres at scale, including replication,
   monitoring and optimization, preferred

If you are a true team player, a technical expert and motivated by making a
positive impact then please get in touch, today.

hello at grittt.com | 07858973473

--
*Jordan Norris*
Director & Senior Recruiter

Office: 01491 756400
Mobile: 07858 973473
Email: Jordan at grittt.com
Web: grittt.com <http://Grittt.com>

Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordannorris/> | The Scoop
<https://recruiters.thescoop.co.uk/jordan-norris> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/TheRubyRec>

Schedule a call <https://calendly.com/grittt>

*"We help brilliant companies find, attract & hire outstanding Ruby
Developers"*

***Can you refer a friend? Ask me about our referral bonus***

GRIT Tech Talent Limited. registered in England and Wales. No: 12415352
VAT: 357585651
Office Location: Newtown Road The Henley Building, Henley-on-Thames RG9 1HG
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this
message or any of its contents by any person other than the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly
prohibited. Emails are susceptible to interference. “Grit Tech Talent
Limited" accepts no responsibility for information, errors, omissions or
corrupt files received as a result of this email.

Privacy Policy 2020: https://www.grittt.com/post/privacy-policy-2020