[LRUG] [ANN] November meeting details - New & Improved, with 200% more content!

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 01:48:13 PDT 2021

Hi all,

(previously on LRUG announcement emails):

Our November meeting will be on Monday 8th November, and as usual we’ll
> congreate over zoom.  The “doors” open at 6:20pm, we kick off formal
> proceedings about 6:30pm and we aim to be finished by 8pm.  Some of us will
> hang out on the zoom call after the talks past 8pm if you’d like to keep
> chatting ruby.

> This meeting we have … uh … is this right? … 0 talks lined up.

(today on LRUG announcement emails):

Thanks to everyone who volunteered, we now have 2 talks lined up for you:

* “Failing better w/ Load Shedding & Deadline Propagation across services”
by Christian Gregg
* “Why Rails is still relevant for startups in 2021” by Chris Parsons

You can find more details on both these talks at
https://lrug.org/meetings/2021/november/ .

We had a lot of volunteers so we may yet confirm a 3rd talk for Novemeber,
so keep an eye on your inboxes and the LRUG website for changes.

We’re still having virtual meetings on our limited capacity zoom account,
so if you want the url to the zoom meeting to be sent to you on the day,
then you must:

1. Read the code of conduct so you know how to behave:
https://readme.lrug.org/#code-of-conduct
2. Register to attend and receive the zoom URL at:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lrug-november-2021-tickets-200455155767

See you all on the 8th!

Murray & the rest of the LRUG organising team

ps - actually, 200% more than 0 is still 0 right? Eh… maths is the first
casualty of marketing.