[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior Ruby/Rails Software Engineer at Creditspring - We are changing consumer credit for the better

Alfredo Motta alfredo at creditspring.co
Thu Apr 28 09:30:26 PDT 2022

Hey LRUG, hope you are all having a good time

I'll attend the next LRUG on May 9th, so if you want to chat about this role just reply here and happy to meet before/after!

I am hiring a Senior Software Engineer (Ruby/Rails) for my team at Creditspring (London / UK).
I have been here 5 years and I love it still, we must be doing something good, I hope you can join me! (about me here<https://www.linkedin.com/in/alfredomotta/> and here<https://lrug.org/meetings/2018/#may-2018-meeting--an-introduction-to-event-sourcing>)

The role details:
https://creditspring.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=62

The business:
* We care about the Financial stability of the people who struggle with high cost short term borrowing, we are the good guys in Finance. We literally invented subscription lending in the UK.
* Went from 10k paying customers to 100k paying customers in the last 2 years
* We are close to operational breakeven (expected end of 2022) and our business numbers are very strong (just to give an example, our Lifetime Value/Customer Acquisition Cost >7!)

The Tech Team
* Engineering team of 7, company of 45. Company size will double this year.
* Exciting event driven architecture you might have not seen in the Rails world before
* Very healthy tech stack; up-to-date libraries, fast tests (<6m on Circle CI), plenty of documentation (85+ docs), mostly Heroku with AWS sprinkles, Ruby/Rails with as little Javascript as possible, good process in place for tech debt and bugs

The work style
* Remote first, with an office in London if you want to go
* Cross-functional short lived (1-2 months) project teams of 4-5 people
* Basecamp and Slack for communication

Upcoming ambitious projects:
* Invest in our free product to help with financial stability and education (the Stability Hub)
* Integrate with a new open banking provider and possibly offer an open banking only sign-up journey
* Integrate a new credit agency / or make us more resilient to existing one going offline
* Scale our credit risk / machine learning engine for better self-serving and observability

Happy to answer any question via email/call or at the next LRUG event
Thank you 🙏

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/ace614706f74c6bf2b8c98bf6/images/4e6c5f24-4b63-4447-84b6-89cf88160c0b.png]<http://www.creditspring.co/>

Alfredo Motta
Chief Technology Officer