[LRUG] [JOBS] The story of Lollipop...

Chris Parsons chris.p at rsons.org
Wed Feb 16 09:01:41 PST 2022

Hi LRUG,

Gather round, it is time to tell the story of Lollipop and our mission to fix online grocery… 💪

The idea was sparked when my co-founder Tom had his first son, Freddie. Just two weeks into the upheaval of parenthood, Tom and his wife Rosie were in need of groceries and embarked upon their first online shop.

It was painful - he told me to took over two hours to complete! 🙄

Tom and I met just as I was leaving Gower Street and he was getting Lollipop going. I was looking for something big to take on. As a parent of three kids, I instantly related to his terrible online grocery shopping experience and jumped in with both feet.

I started as a co-founder in January 2021. There were just the three of us as we tentatively typed `rails new`...

Fast forward one year, this is what we’ve done so far:

* Built a basic MVP to try out key features
* Gathered some super engaged early users, giving us amazing feedback
* Integrated Sainsbury’s and BBC Good Food
* Raised a strong funding round with years of runway
* Hired a dozen people
* Made our salary and option offers completely transparent <https://blog.lollipopai.com/paying-in-plain-sight> to prevent pay gaps forming (we hate pay gaps)
* Put together the beginnings of a world class team culture

We’re looking for senior Full Stack engineers with strong Ruby on Rails skills, who love working in cross-functional teams and love shipping great product to customers. We’d love you to join our mission.

This is what we’re going to tackle next:

* Building out exciting new features for customers to set us apart from the supermarkets
* Putting together a world-class data platform to help our data team figure out how to save customers time
* Integrating more supermarkets

We pay engineers £80-110k with £60-100k worth of options on top. See our calculator <https://www.lollipopai.com/team> for more.

Interested? I threw together a little video <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zcy75oaHpE-UDqERllj8fToe3X4Uh5Tc/view?usp=sharing> explaining more and here’s the job ad in full <https://apply.workable.com/lollipopai/j/C665DE0B03/?utm_source=lrug&utm_campaign=cp-fse-1>. Do reply here, or email me directly at cp at lollipopai.com if you have any questions 💛

Thanks for listening

Chris

—
Chris Parsons
Co-founder & CTO, Lollipop 🍭

🚀 Sign up for Lollipop <https://www.lollipopai.com/>

📱Follow us: Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/LollipopAI> I Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/lollipop.ai_/> I Twitter <https://twitter.com/teamlollipopAI> I LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/lollipopai/?viewAsMember=true>