[LRUG] Issues with Jekyll/Bundler on Alpine 3.10

Frederick Cheung frederick.cheung at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 03:38:21 PDT 2022

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 11:12 AM Edmond Lepedus <ed.lepedus at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi LRUG,
>
> Does anyone know if Bundler on Alpine installs native APKs, and if so, how
> I can get it to install dependencies from the testing repo from an older
> version of Alpine?
>
> I appreciate that might be a stupid question, and I may be barking up the
> wrong tree entirely, but I’m drawing a bit of a blank as to what else might
> be going on.

I don't believe so - certainly a cursory search of the bundler repo doesn't
suggest that it does. It's entirely possible that some of the gems that it
is trying to install do so  automatically (although that seems a bit
unusual). Bundler prints out the gems as it tries to install them so that
should hopefully make it easy to find the culprit

Can you update the upstream dockerfile to be based on a more recent version
of alpine? The oldest supported version appears to be 3.13. Of course that
might change the version of ruby installed and cause a cascade of upgrades
that you're trying to avoid but you might get lucky!

Fred