[LRUG] [ANN] February Meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Thu Jan 26 12:15:55 PST 2023

Hi all,

It’s that time again - our February meeting is getting near and we’re ready
to be hit by lightning (because it’s our annual lightning talks event, not
because we are electricty hungry thrillseekers).

The meeting will be on Monday 13th February and we’ll be hosted by the kind
folk at Funding Circle in their offices near Bank station.  The meeting
will open for mingling from 6pm, we aim to start about 6:30pm and be done
with the talks from 8pm.  After which we’ll leave the offices and find a
local pub to eat, drink and chat about what we heard.

We aim to have up to 8 talks on the night, none of them more than 10
minutes long.  So far we have one talk confirmed, and a couple more waiting
for the ok, but that means there’s still plenty of space for you to
volunteer something and have your 10 minutes of LRUG fame.

Talks so far:

* A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Stream Again: live coding a Ruby
project by Tom Stuart
* 7 more of you… 🙏

Full details on https://lrug.org/meetings/2023/february/

As ever, if you’d like to attend please:

1. acquaint yourself with our code of conduct at
https://readme.lrug.org/#code-of-conduct
2. sign up for a ticket via eventbrite at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/london-ruby-user-group-february-2023-meeting-tickets-518578521317
.

Hope to see a bunch of you there, and more importantly hear from a bunch of
you too!

Please share that we’re looking for talks with your network of colleagues,
peers, friends, family members, enemies that you begrudgingly respect
because they also know ruby, etc…. Point them at talks at lrug.org to
volunteer or find out more.  While you’re at it, why not volunteer yourself
too.  It’s _probably_ a new year’s resolution of yours to get into public
speaking so now’s your chance!

Cheers,

Murray & the rest of the organising team