[LRUG] Details for the The Bricklayers Arms (should we want to hire it for a pre-conf bash)

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 01:26:38 PDT 2006

Is there really a problem here?  I see these events as being nicely
complementary to each other.

Unless the PoR event has infinite free beer then the 150 or so people who
turn up are going to get through any provided amount fairly quick.  Some
people are going to want some more beer, even if they have to pay for it.
For those booze-hounds the "event" us LRUG types are proposing works as a
"Hey, run out of free beer?  Well there is cheap beer here, with more Rails
than your average London boozer."

Also, and I know this idea goes against the socially acceptable image of a
developer, there might be some Railers who don't like Pizza (anyone want to
start up SaladOnRails?), who'd prefer to just kick back with a packet of
crisps and a pint of frosty lager/lukewarm bitter/boiling stout.

As to Thursday night as an option, I'd imagine that the conference won't
need any organised events for the actual nights of the conf as people will
organically arrange their own get togethers during the day: "Man, that rake
task you talked about is sweet, lets go get crunk on mojitos at
Stringfellows." etc.

I could be wrong tho... anyone else care to chip in?

Muz