[LRUG] August Meeting Slides and Code

Dan Webb dan at danwebb.net
Tue Aug 15 04:46:14 PDT 2006

Tom, your presentation looks excellent!  It's a shame I missed it.  I've
always been in a similar position myself as I'm from a front end development
background but now write server-side code and hate to see the client-side
undervalued.  I really like the vomit picture as a way of describing the
JavaScript helpers....I think I might well quote you in my RailsConf
Presentation if you don't mind.  I'm wondering about how diplomatic I should
be about Rails JavaScript...maybe I should just let rip. :)

Great overview though, it's a shame your not presenting that a
RailsConf....alot of people need to here that stuff.

Cheers,

Dan

On 8/15/06, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Tiest and Tom have kindly supplied their slides from the talks they gave
> at the August meeting.  These are now available from the lrug.org site (http://lrug.org/presentations.html)
> and available in the SVN repository (
> http://svn.lrug.org/lrug_sandbox/presentations/).  Tiest says he's
> polished up the code a little since the talk (the early birds at the event
> may have noticed him feverishly hacking away at it before he stood up) and
> Tom added an extra slide (a director's cut if you will).
>
> Enjoy
>
> Muz

Dan Webb
http://www.danwebb.net