[LRUG] Old Programming Books

Alex Pounds alex at alexpounds.com
Wed Dec 27 04:54:29 PST 2006

On Wed, December 27, 2006 1:32 am, Harjeet Taggar wrote:
> I just had a v quick question - what do you all do with old
> programming books that you don't need anymore?  Do you sell them on
> ebay/other sites or just keep hold of them?

When I was at University I used to sell them cheaply via the internal
newsgroups. These days I offer them via the internal company list, and if
that doesn't work I give them away to people who want them or give them to
charity. I figure the hassle of postage (and the cost!) just isn't worth it
for something that's hideously out of date. Who really wants a guide to Java
1.1, really? I found a stack of Windows 3 manuals the other day. They're
probably going straight into the recycling bag.

Anyway, yes. I do tend to keep hold of them, but that's apathy and my
hoarder tendencies. I would like to get rid of them and I'd like to see them
go to a good home, but I haven't figured out the best way to do it yet.
Maybe Freecycle is the way to go with them.

--
Alex Pounds (Creature)                  .~.         http://www.alexpounds.com/
                                        /V\        http://www.ethicsgirls.com/