[LRUG] PHP and Rails

David Townsend toonsend at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 05:42:28 PDT 2006

Thanks for the article, it might help.  The thing about a rumour, that
'Rails does not scale' it's difficult to shift once it's formed, just look
at "Java is slow" which still persists to this day.  People are generally
sceptics and are more likely to believe bad things before they believe the
good.  I can send him articles about it, but he hears it from multiple
people outside the community that it's an unproven and potentially
unscalable framework.  He does actually believe me to some extent, but then
always falls back to the fair point, that if I don't have time to work on
it, he'll have trouble finding someone within a decent budget to do fixes
and extensions.