[LRUG] Fwd: Next Meeting

Jamie Wilson jamie at goatforce5.org
Wed Mar 15 03:36:43 PST 2006

On 15 Mar 2006, at 06:51, Tiest Vilee wrote:

> Did anyone make it to Pizza on Rails?  I had something come up with
> work
> (yet again!) so didn't make it, but would really like to know what
> happened.

I made it there, but i've never made it to an LRUG event - do I count?

It was unstructured, so people forming their own groups and swapping
stories and so on. Wide range of people there, from business types,
copy writers, project managers, PHP/Java geeks, Rails hobbyists, and
a small handful of people working full-time with Rails.

I would have liked/assumed there'd be more people doing big things
with Rails to talk with, but perhaps i'm ahead of the curve on this
one. Having said that, there was one person who I thought was doing
some really really clever stuff with Rails, but i'm not sure if it's
been publicly announced yet, so you'll have to turn up to the next
event and ask around.

It was a good night. I'll happily go again, given the chance.

Note to self: get business cards made before the next event.

...j