[LRUG] Introducing myself

Tiest Vilee ruby at tiestvilee.fastmail.com.au
Wed May 3 22:54:32 PDT 2006

>.... bizarre belief that's growing up amongst many
> techies I deal with that Ruby is "one of those weird navel-gazing
> languages like Lisp" which always makes me laugh :)

laugh!  makes me cry - why won't people even have a look at something
before casting judgment?
Maybe we should put together a site 'Ruby for Boring people' that
doesn't talk about meta-programming - jst boring java like stuff!!

Tiest
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
 -- Shelley