[LRUG] LRUG

Anthony Green email at acgreen.co.uk
Sun May 21 23:33:39 PDT 2006

>(at first I thought that info on LRUG was intentional obfuscated to
> deter people like me - though I 'm sure it's not!).

This is how in comes across to me, another newbie attending since December:
LRUG is more about Ruby than Rails, PizzaOnRails is more about Rails than
Ruby.

> BTW - is there a LRUG FAQ or any list of suggested reading (links to pickaxe,
> Ruby Kata's and stuff) useful to us newbies before we attend?

Books : PickAxe, Ruby for Rails, The Ruby Way (2nd Edn) when it come out.

PDFs : Rails Recipes, I buy the pdf rather than the book.

If you have the the Pragmatic book I'd upgrade to a pdf of the 2nd Edn
through the Beta release programme.

Don't get the O'Reilly Rails Cookbook.

RSS Feeds : NubyRuby, Ben Griffiths, Karmic Coding, Vitamin, jvorrhis

I'm constantly adding to my del.icio.us links
http://del.icio.us/rarepleasures/rubyonrails

Tony