[LRUG] FYI: Ruby for Symbian OS Released

Pedro Figueiredo me at pedrofigueiredo.org
Tue Nov 21 11:02:00 PST 2006

On 21 Nov 2006, at 17:56, Murray Steele wrote:

> just do it once using J2ME

this is perhaps the biggest myth i've seen, having worked in two
software houses that developed for mobile phones.

it's more like "do it once using j2me for each phone model out
there" (before you ask, yes, the same phone series from the same
manufacturer has differences between phone models and j2me stacks
that require yet another port).

i've given up on ruby for my day-to-day work (11 years of perl are
hard to let go) but i'm certainly looking forward to try this.

cheers,
--
http://pedrofigueiredo.org/
bgp is for those who can't keep it static long enough