[LRUG] Stealth Group!?

Graeme Mathieson mathie at rubaidh.com
Sat Oct 28 03:40:05 PDT 2006

On 27/10/06, James Adam <james.adam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick! Someone post this on teh LRUG homepage!!
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pizzaonrails/243555779/

By the time these photos were being taken, a bunch of us had already headed
off for some hardened drinking and geek talk at the nearest Weatherspoons.
I guess it's all about having priorities in life (like not paying £4.50 a
beer once the freebies had gone!). :-)

The conversation seems to have drifted in and around discussions of other
Ruby User Groups around the UK.  So I'll do my blurb since I (well, kinda)
run the Scottish Ruby User Group.  We meet every 3rd Thursday of the month
in a pub in Edinburgh.  The first meeting pulled in about 30 people and
we've had a steady 10-15 every month since.

There's a (temporaryish) page about the user group here:

    http://www.rubaidh.com/scotrug

and I tend to announce meetings on my own blog:

    http://woss.name/

So, if you're ever around Edinburgh on the 3rd Thursday of the month, feel
free to pop along and say hello.  We're a friendly, welcoming bunch.  And
we're really not very stealthy once the beer starts. :)

Cheers,

Graeme