[LRUG] noob question

Tom Armitage tom at infovore.org
Wed Apr 25 01:30:34 PDT 2007

On 24 Apr 2007, at 23:16, Thomas Tilley wrote:

> So i am new to ruby and to programming/web design in general. Using
> a RoR tutorial and get the following error displayed on my browser
> when I try to view the user registration form:
> SyntaxError in UserController#register app/controllers/
> user_controller.rb:14: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting kEND

Also: when the error message says "app/controllers/user_controller.rb:
14", that actually means that the issue is at line 14 of the
user_controller.rb file - it's telling you where it's having a problem.

Of course, that might not be the complete solution, but it's the best
place to start - could be a missing "end" or } at line 14, or perhaps
something else.

The development environment error messages in Rails aren't too hard
to trace back to the problem in your code (most of the time...)

Hope that helps,

t.

---
Tom Armitage