[LRUG] Next Month - Call for participation

Marcus Roberts marcus at marcusr.org.uk
Fri Feb 16 03:08:37 PST 2007

On 16 Feb 2007, at 11:02, Murray Steele wrote:

>So, with that in mind, feel free to suggest topics big and small.  To get
the ball rolling I'd be interested in:

I'm not sure what the balance of skills in the group is, but I've been
finding this site

http://www.softiesonrails.com/

very useful, because of the small articles on how to do things "the ruby
way" such as multiple assignment,  the ||= operator, etc.

It's all too easy to just map C# or Java into Ruby, without taking
advantage of the features of Ruby.

Any small tips on great Ruby language features for programmers coming from
other languages would be very useful for me anyway, if that's not too
boring for the experienced Ruby programmers?  Maybe we could bring code
along and ask for suggestions on how to improve its Ruby style?

Marcus