[LRUG] Funding a start-up?

benjohn at fysh.org benjohn at fysh.org
Thu Jan 11 09:18:27 PST 2007

> I've a couple of killer Ruby projects in need of some start-up
> funding and I don't know where to start looking so if anyone here's
> been down this route and can offer any advice I'd love to hear from
> you :)

My experience is that people fund you when:

  1) You are obviously going to succeed anyway because you already are,
but they can help you get there a bit quicker, or get up to "the next
level", or

  2) You're in the right place at the right time and meet the right
person with the right connection and right level of drink lubrication,
etc.

Basically, just do it, as quickly as possible, and get it out there. If
it's good, it might do well. If you're anything like me, what you need
more than cash is someone else who also thinks the idea is good, and so
will keep your enthusiasm topped up.

Regards,
  Benjohn