[LRUG] User Group Programs / Addison Wesley Promo Code

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 02:20:31 PST 2007

Hi all,

During my begging for prizes both the O'Reilly folk and the AW folk pointed
me at their User Group programs.  The deal seems to be that if we ask for
stuff and promise to provide reviews then we might actually get it.  All we
need to do is link to the reviews from the LRUG website and we should be
good.  So, if anyone has reviewed some Ruby books (or plans to, perhaps
because they recently acquired one at a pub quiz) then let us know and we
can link to it and use that as leverage for more swag.

As well as a copy of The Ruby Way 2nd Edition, the kind folk at Addison
Wesley sent me a flyer for their Professional Ruby series.  The flyer has a
discount code that'll get you 35% off at their online store and judging by
the code it's not ruby specific.  I won't post the PDF here because the
archives for this list are publicly available on the net and posting the
discount code might therefore sour the arrangement.  So if you think you
might use it (or just want a nice picture of Obie Fernandez the series
editor) reply to this e-mail and I'll forward you a copy.

Cheers

Muz