[LRUG] List moderation - FYI

James Adam james.adam at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 07:13:16 PDT 2007

Hi all,

LRUG is a subscriber-only list, which means that you have to be
registered to post messages. Whenever we get posts from non-members,
they are held and the list moderator (currently me) gets an email
reminding me to review the held message. While 99% of these are spam
(OEM software and v!@g-ra and so on), occasionally we do get a message
from someone posting from a non-member account - probably simply from
an account different to the one that they signed up with.

Recently, dealing with this spam to ensure that no real messages was
rejected has become a bit of a drain on my time, so I've flipped the
switch to have non-member mails automatically discarded. So, if you
post a message to LRUG in the future and it doesn't appear, check
you're using the same email address that you signed up with. Any
questions? james.adam at gmail.com.

Just a heads up in case anyone wonders why their future REST-based
jokes don't get through :)

James

--
* J *