[LRUG] April Meeting - 16th April - Lineup?

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 03:59:27 PDT 2007

Hi all,

The April LRUG meeting will break from our 2nd Monday of the month routine
to avoid clashing with Easter Monday, and will be on the 16th of April, not
the 9th.  Jonathan Lim has created an Upcoming event for your calendar
subscription pleasure (http://upcoming.org/event/165162/), but there's scant
few details about content as yet.  Based on what's bubbling around the list
we might have one or more of the following:

* A discussion about REST (see this thread:
http://lists.lrug.org/pipermail/chat-lrug.org/2007-February/000916.html or
this follow up one:
http://lists.lrug.org/pipermail/chat-lrug.org/2007-March/000981.html)
* Another round of code-review (people seemed keen on making this a regular
part of the meetings, and we didn't get through all the bits submitted)
* A talk about Lucene / Ferret / Solr (David Townsend put himself forward
for this)
* Something about RSpec (nobody really volunteered themselves for this, but
people seem interested and it's worth suggesting again just in case)
* Paolo's talk about TabNav that we missed from February (assuming he's
still interested in giving it).

Is there anything else?  Clearly we won't do everything in April, but it's
good to have options as they'll spill over into future meetings.

There's good groundswell for the REST discussion, who wants to be on the
"panel" or host it?  Jonathan Leighton or Eleanor seem like ideal candidates
as you guys were the most vocal on those threads, is there anyone else?

Cheers,

Muz