[LRUG] Hi all,

Eran Ben Shabbat eranbens at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 3 08:19:42 PDT 2007

I read all the responses and would like to mention two points:

1. It is a shame that none of you can read Hebrew, as I could write in
hebrew without being embarrassed by my grammar.
2. I agree with Eleanor, so here is an idea for sample project which
I may start with, you may add or change things as you wish.

Project:  LRUG-Coupons

Description : LRUG started as a group of 10 people two years ago and
grew to 10,000 members in the UK. Since 10,000 people are a great
commercial power, we need to develop a system under which any
organization in the UK can give a discount to LRUG members.

Assumptions:
* A company or an LRUG member are "members" in the following context
(unless stated otherwise).
* Members have to be authenticated in the system (sign-in, register).
* Any company (company name is unique) can open an account.
* A company can publish as many coupons as it wishes.
* Coupon must be assigned to a category (by the company).
* Categories are pre-populated in the system.
* Each coupon has:
      Mandatory fields
     1. title
     2. description
     3. code
     4. valid_until
     5. company_id
     6. category_id
     7. url
     8. tags

     optional fields:
     1. image
* coupon can only be updated or deleted by the member who created it
or by the system administrator.
* Members have a profile.
* Members can change their profile.
* The landing page will show:
    1. The logged in member, the number of coupons viewed by the member.
    2. 6 highest viewed coupons (with priority to these with images).
    3. search options for coupons.
    4. Tag cloud of coupons.

Cheers,

Eran.

BTW I'm on the 3rd chapter in the "novice" book.