[LRUG] LRUG meeting at Skills Matter tonight!

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon May 14 04:20:35 PDT 2007

On 14/05/07, Tim Cowlishaw <tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm also new to LRUG, and would very much like to attend, however, I have
> a meeting at 6 and therefore might not be able to make it in time... are
> latecomers frowned upon?

I don't think Skills Matter mind about late-comers, but make sure that you
register with them to say you are coming so that security will let you in.
In fact, the best thing would be to mention it on the comments section when
you register and see what they say.  If you can't make the meeting we will
be in the pub on the corner (http://fancyapint.com/pubs/pub199.html)
afterwards from about 8:00ish, you could always turn up for that instead.

I'm also really interested in your mentoring scheme, as I'm new to Ruby in
> general.. is there any way I could sign up to this? I'll be at next month's
> meetup for sure, if I can't make it tonight!

We're going to try and match people up tonight so that mentors / mentorees
can spend a bit of time talking about how they want to run things between
themselves (this may spill out into the pub afterwards, so meeting
non-attendance might not be an issue).  That said, it's not a
once-in-a-lifetime chance or anything, so it's not like if you miss
tonight's meeting you've missed out on your chance to be mentored, we're
just doing it en-masse tonight.  If there is enough demand (and the existing
mentors have more time, or more people volunteer) there's nothing to stop us
helping to match people up again at some future meeting, but equally, we can
just do it on an individual basis via the mailing list.  Let's see what
happens tonight, and if you can't make it we'll sort it out either on the
list or at next months meeting.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Muz