[LRUG] May Meeting - Specifics

Eleanor eleanor at goth-chic.org
Thu May 3 06:27:50 PDT 2007

On 3 May 2007, at 12:40, Paul Ardeleanu wrote:
> Totally agree... the mentoring should extend beyond those
> minutes/hours spent at LRUG. And since the best way to learn a new
> programming language is to have a concrete project... what about
> giving a project to each mentoree and have a mentor helping them
> (similar with Google Summer of Code) ?

I'd feel hypocritical 'marking' someone else's 'coursework' when I
never used to do any myself ;p

I think it would actually work better if those being mentored picked
a simple project of interest to themselves that they want to tackle
with the mentor's advice and input as that should give a greater
emotional commitment to overcoming the inevitable hurdles that make
programming eventful.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains