[LRUG] Mentoring Meetups

Rob Crowther robertc at gmail.com
Wed May 16 10:47:46 PDT 2007

On 15/05/07, Eleanor <eleanor at goth-chic.org> wrote:
> Perhaps a better alternative would be to devise a series of tutorial
> problems that newbies can solve on their own, building in difficultly
> over time.

I didn't attend the meeting, so I may be missing some context, but is
there any reason why the 'tutorial problems' couldn't also be a part
of a larger application?  The 'best' solutions could each
week/month/whatever be incorporated into the code base and the next
set of programming tutorial problems are then set (And if there are
multiple problems for each phase, they could be of varying levels of
difficulty to allow people to jump in at any time).

This might take too much work on the mentoring side though?

Rob