[LRUG] Appscript

Matt Patterson matt-lists at reprocessed.org
Tue Nov 13 02:35:50 PST 2007

I'll put my slides up in the next couple of days, but in case
anyone's interested:

Appscript, the OSA bridge I used in my examples, can be found at
http://appscript.sourceforge.net/

You might like to look at ASDictionary and ASTranslate. ASTranslate
turns Applescript into python or ruby Appscript lines, but doesn't
handle ruby very well at the moment (mostly because of keyword
arguments, I think). Translating from Python to Ruby is normally much
simpler than from Applescript though...

Also, Script Debugger 4 is well worth a look (it's interactive
dictionary browser is extremely impressive): http://
www.latenightsw.com/sd4/

Finally, Apple's own resource page http://www.apple.com/applescript/
has had a makeover recently and has more information about what's
changed in Leopard.

Thanks,

Matt

--