[LRUG] Photo gallery with access control

Neil Chandler neil at speedchilli.com
Fri Apr 25 02:53:23 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm trying to develop a photo gallery with access control, similar to
facebook albums where you can choose who (friends, groups, everyone etc) can
view the images you upload. I'm currently using attachment_fu for the file
uploads but was wondering the best way to add the access control or if
attachment_fu is the best solution.

I've been searching google and found plenty of results for setting up and
using attachment_fu but none of them seem to cover permission. One article
did show how to use :db_file to store and retrieve the images from the DB
but from what I've read I'm not sure using the DB is the best solution.

Any advise or pointers to useful URLs would be great.

Thanks

Neil