[LRUG] Photo gallery with access control

Tom Armitage tom.armitage at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 02:57:38 PDT 2008

So I'm guessing your problem is people viewing the actual image file,
rather than the page it's on? Storing images in the DB is almost
certainly a _bad_ idea. It might be worth looking into integrating
with the webserver at some level, but I really can't offer much more
advice on that front.

But you're certainly right that storing blobs in the db is a bad idea...