[LRUG] off-topic: embedded mp3 player, how to?

Ed Davey ed at veryreal.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 02:30:14 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I need to make a couple of different-looking mp3 players to embed in
musicians' websites, done in Rails.

They will be basic, just "start" and "stop" and the ability to choose
from a short playlist. Also display secs elapsed / total secs. But I
need to lay out and style the controls and interface just so.

Should I be looking at Farooq Ali's plugin using Jeroen Wijering's
flash player? Not sure how easy it will be to hack the appearance.

http://jroller.com/abstractScope/entry/
flash_mp3_imageslideshow_media_player

I remember a while ago Matthew Wilson showed us a javascript example
using flash for the actual streaming only.

Anyone got any top tips?

Thanks

Ed