[LRUG] March meeting - registration open & call for talks
murray.steele at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 04:38:00 PST 2008
On 15/02/2008, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Seriously though, I've no leads for talks for the March meeting, so if
> people want to talk please volunteer yourself (or your colleagues - they're
> so lazy, make them do something for a change). Obviously, if there's stuff
> you want to hear about or alternative styles of meetings then suggest them
> too - as a group we might know someone we can convince to talk about or host
> such things.
Bah, I send too soon. Things that folk have asked for in the past include:
* re-runs of conference talks by LRUG members for those who didn't get to
* Flex vs Low Pro vs X
* slipping ruby+rails into the UK "enterprise" (esp. in the guise of jruby)
* Ruby C extensions for improved performance
* Comet + Rails - Shootring star, Juggernaut, etc...
* Object/Document based dbs - CouchDB, gemstone with ruby/rails
* Future of ruby - Rubinus, JRuby, MIR etc...
* Rails 2.0
* Algorithms (esp something along the lines of: 'Programming Collective
Intelligece' published by O'Reilly
* Erlang - in the context of ruby, perhaps like how to emulate some of it's
cool tricks (the mocking approach)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Chat