[LRUG] March meeting - registration open & call for talks

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 04:33:05 PST 2008

Hi all,

Skills Matter have opened up registration for the March meeting of LRUG
which will be on Monday the 10th of March.  Registration is available here:
http://skillsmatter.com/lrug (and I'll put up placeholders on lrug.org and
upcoming.org sometime over the weekend to act as reminders).

If you think you might attend, sign up early, please.  It was standing room
only last time because a large percentage of the attendees signed up over
the weekend before hand.  SM need a decent amount of notice to book a larger
room, and I think it costs them, so they're not going to want to do it if
they don't have to.

Anyway, I appreciate that you might want to know what's happening in the
March meeting before deciding if you want to come. To that I say: PAH!  You
know it'll be good whatever happens, so just sign up - nearly 100 people in
February can't be wrong!

Seriously though, I've no leads for talks for the March meeting, so if
people want to talk please volunteer yourself (or your colleagues - they're
so lazy, make them do something for a change).  Obviously, if there's stuff
you want to hear about or alternative styles of meetings then suggest them
too - as a group we might know someone we can convince to talk about or host
such things.

Cheers,

Muz