[LRUG] Invitation to join a Nike+ challenge: Run 100 miles in 10 months

Tom Ward tom at popdog.net
Tue Feb 26 08:58:07 PST 2008

On 2/26/08, Robert McKinnon <rob_m_mckinnon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I decided to never buy Nike products after Nike Inc argued in Kasky v.
>  Nike for the 'First Amendment' right to lie. I recall the case being a
>  big deal at the time. Nike was defending against a claim that it was in
>  violation of false advertising laws. Specifically Nike was accused of
>  stating in public communications it wasn't using sweat-shop labour,
>  when evidence showed it was.
>
>  If Nike had won, they would have set a precedent allowing ALL
>  corporations the legal right to lie when communicating with the public
>  in the US.
>
>   http://www.google.com/search?q=nike+right+for+corporations+to+lie

If anyone's thinking about buying nike+ kits for this challenge, and
want to minimize the amount of money they pay to Nike, then I'd
recommend one of these, allowing you to wear whatever shoes you want.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shoe-Pouch-Nike%2BiPod-Sensor-Compatible/dp/B000PGQ1AC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1204044109&sr=8-2

>  Besides, been swimming instead - lower impact exercise ;)

True, but what about the environmental impact of all that chlorine, eh? ;)

Tom