[LRUG] April meeting idea: If you show me yours, I'll show you mine

Nick Ludlam nick at recoil.org
Tue Mar 25 04:54:35 PDT 2008

On 13 Mar 2008, at 13:52, Murray Steele wrote:
> We could fill a whole evening with 6 or so folk, or go half-and-half
> with ~3 of these "Show'n'Tell" things and 1 longer form talk.  It
> really depends if people are willing to offer up their nuggets of
> ruby.
>
> Of course, if anyone has something they *do* want to talk about for
> longer, please do volunteer.

I've been evaluating a few of the asynchronous Ruby/Rails processing
systems over the last two weeks. Specifically I've tested ap4r, sparrow,
DelayedJob, BackrounDRb and Beanstalk / Async Observer.

If people are interested in this area, I'd be up for talking about the
benefits and issues with each, and doing some demos, but it would be
longer than 5 minutes.

Nick

--
Nick Ludlam